Unusual -good quality yarn wish it had more of the leaves
Plymouth Applique Yarn with Leaves!
Now this yarn is fun! Applique is a heavy worsted/aran weight yarn that has been dappled with leaves and pearl beads. Use it to knit cowls, scarves, sweaters and more.
FREE PATTERN BELOW!
- 46% Wool, 46% Acrylic, 6% Beads, 2% Polyester
- 50 gram skein, approximately 98 yards
- Gauge: 4.5 sts per inch on US 7 needle, Aran weight
What to knit with Applique?
Easy Applique Cowl Free Knitting Pattern
Completed Cowl Measures: 8" long x 30" circumference approx., Gauge: 4 sts per inch on US 9 needle
You will need:
- 2 skeins Plymouth Applique Yarn
- Size US 9 circular 24" needle
- Stitch marker
- Finishing needle
- Cast on 120 stitches. Place stitch marker and join in round being careful not to twist stitches
- Round 1: Knit
- Round 2: Purl
- Repeat Rounds 1 and 2 until cowl measures 8" from the beginning. Bind off and weave in yarn ends.
Love the feel of the yarn. It knits up nice. It will make an awesome Christmas gift this year.
This yarn is lovely and works up quickly. The placement of the beads and leaves line up uniformly. A suggestion might be to increase the number of stitches cast on, so the beads and leaves are placed more randomly.
The yarn knits up beautifully, and the applique leaves are lovely -- but their placement is awkward. The cowl I knitted had all the leaves showing within an inch of each other, on the front, except for the last -- which came at the center of the back!
This yarn works up very quickly and makes a great scarf or cowl. The beads and leaves add just a little bling to the project.