Summer knitting means cotton! Here's what we love about knitting and crocheting with cotton yarn.
Keep Cool - Cotton is soft, absorbent, and breathable making it a favorite for warm weather wear.
Beautiful Stitches - All of the cottons featured below have great stitch definition making it them a good option for lace, cables, and textured stitches.
Colorful - Cotton fiber accepts yarn beautifully providing you with bright rich shades.
Family Friendly - Cotton yarn is easy care making it a favorite for knitting for babies, kids, and adults.
Here's a rundown of our favorite cotton yarns you'll love knitting and wearing all summer long.
Top 10 Cool Cotton Yarns for Summer Knitting
- Knit One Crochet Too Ty-Dy Cotton Yarn. With almost 200 yards per ball, you'll love knitting this worsted weight color changing cotton yarn. Great for tanks, tees, shawls, and kids knits.
- Dandoh Cotton Fine Yarn. Crisp cotton yarn with the look and feel of linen. Made in Japan, it's a fingering weight yarn with gorgeous pattern options.
- Appalachian Baby Organic Cotton Yarn. Delightful US sourced organic cotton yarn in natural and low-impact dyes. It's a supreme option for heirloom baby knitting or crochet projects.
- Berroco Modern Cotton Yarn. A cotton blend yarn with a twist to make and smooth and oh-so-knitable! It's a worsted weight yarn in cool summertime shades.
- Spud & Chloe Sweater Yarn. Just right for you and for kids! This bouncy organic cotton and wool blend yarn comes in lots of fun shades for the best in worsted weight knitting.
- Erika Knight Gossypium Cotton Yarn. Soft and smooth cotton yarn from India. This DK weight yarn is a favorite for kids and baby knitting projects.
- Schoppel Zauberball Cotton Yarn. Organic cotton in stunning self-striping shades. This fingering weight yarn is a favorite for shawls and wraps. It's a great alternative for those allergic to wool.
- Loopy Mango Big Cotton Yarn. Go big with a quick knit! This super bulky weight yarn in soft shades has lots of pattern options that are free with purchase.
- Plymouth Pendenza Yarn. Cotton with shine! This gorgeous mercerized cotton has a rich shine with the look of silk and features long color changes and a super-smooth feel.
- Cestari Old Dominion Cotton Yarn. Made in the USA! Grown in Virginia, this soft cotton yarn is one you'll want to wear all summer long. It's a DK weight fiber - great for knitting tanks, tees, cardigans, and wraps. Excellent stitch definition.
Cast on cotton now and enjoy it all season long!