Emily from Denise Needles shared with me, how to make your life happier with knitting and crochet. Such good insight, it was worth passing along to you. Just a few minutes a day of knitting or crochet can dramatically improve your life. Psychologists have found that repetitive positive actions get your mind and body used to being happier, and being happier also means being healthier. Here is her top 5 list.
5 Ways Knitting & Crochet Make You Happier
- Do what you're good at as often as you can. Exercising "signature strengths" makes us feel satisfied and increases happy thoughts. Even if you're still learning (who isn't?), if you love working with yarn, keep on doing it - it's good for your mental health!
- Spend as much time as possible with people you like. After all, others who love creating with yarn can be some of the most fun, humorous and supportive folks around. Make time to knit and crochet with your like-minded friends!
- Give. It makes us feel good! Whether you're stitching for charity or teaching someone to knit or crochet, giving fills up our joy cup.
- Savor. Being present in the moment and enjoying the feeling of the yarn in our hands, the joy of learning a new stitch or revisiting a familiar one, noticing the colors and textures, and all the other little things we surround ourselves with while working on a project makes the good feeling grow.
- "Frequency beats intensity." In other words, lots of little happy things throughout the day add up to something big. Give yourself the gift of a few minutes of stitching throughout the day. If it brings you joy, make it a priority!
Wishing you joy in the little things in life!