There is something about these needles that just put them above others. The cord doesn't become tangled like others do and the weight and feel of the actual needles doesn't seem to cause fatigue or issues with grip. As for the points? It is the right amount of point - not too sharp and not too dull. These are my go-to needles.
Knitter's Pride Karbonz 24" Circular Knitting Needles
- A revolutionary product! New-age needles made from High-Tech carbon fiber with tips in nickel plated brass!
- Combination of two versatile materials - light bodied carbon fiber & sharp brass tips - is guaranteed to provide an unparalleled knitting experience! No other knitting needle comes closer to this.
- Carbon fiber is one of the most versatile material used in manufacture of the new generation aircraft, space ship, automobiles, etc.
- Shiny, smooth brass tips comes in perfect points, flawlessly tapered - Ideal for all types of yarns and for every project
- The needles have high tensile strength, are light weight with lot of flexibility
- Surface made of carbon fiber helps the stitches move smoothly on the needle!
- Warm to touch & gentle in the hand
- A smooth join ensures easy stitch glide and no snagging
- Resilient, flexible cables lay flat with no kink or twist – easy to store.
You will receive one double ended 24" round knitting needle
Karbonz Circular Needles are available in sizes: US 1-10
I prefer to knit with very sharp points, and these are the best I've found so far. I would rate them 5 stars, but sometimes the black part of the needle can make it hard to see when using black or dark colored yarn. Wish the joins were just a tiny bit tighter, but so far no problem with the yarns slipping over to the stainless needle tip. No splitting of yarn, which is my main goal. Will keep buying the different sizes as I need them.
I really like these needles and will most definitely be buying more. They remind me a little bit of my one and only pair of signature. I only didn't give them five stars because they are not quite as pointy as I like, but if I use them on a different yarn I might prefer that. I'm still on my first project with them and using a mohair/silk lace weight, so I really need pointy and they are doing ok, they are what I'd call "medium pointy". I love how the yarn does not slide off them but at the same time it moves on them The cable is wonderful, not one I feel I have to wrestle with, right out of the package it is nice. They also feel good on my hands. I would have given them 4 1/2 stars if that were an option. I do recommend them!